Monday 9 June 2008

Sorry - I don't have a clue...


Today, Barry Cryer raises the question we’ve all been dreading the answer to – will I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue continue without Humph?

For millions, it was clearly the end of an era when Humphrey Lyttelton died on April 25th.

I grew up listening to this programme. I’ve been married, divorced, married and conceived two fantastic children whilst listening to this programme – okay, obviously not literally.

I’ve always had the insanity of it to keep me sane.

We all knew this time would come, we all knew that Humph wasn’t immortal, and deep down, we all knew the programme should end when the inevitable happened.

But maybe I’m not so sure now…

So, while Samantha nips out to enjoy a portion of winkles in cider before going off to work as a qualified croupier at an exclusive Soho club, where gamblers pay top money to play roulette all day and poker all night, let’s spare a thought for those who have to make that decision.

No comments: